If you are an NHS At Risk applicant, please state this in your supporting information section of your application form.
"Be part of the team that delivers "Excellent patient care in world class hospitals"
The Trust has 5 Values as defined by the Star Chart. Applicants are advised to familiarise themselves with these Values which can be found by clicking on the 'About Us' pages on the Trust internet site.
Our latest achievements include:
- St Helens Hospital rated outstanding (CQC 2016)
- Whiston Hospital rated good with outstanding features (CQC 2016)
- Best Patient Experience in the NHS (CHKS Top Hospitals Awards 2015)
- Best in the NHS in the Patient Led Assessment of the Care Environment (PLACE 2014 and 2015)
- Cancer services rated 4th best in the country by Macmillan Cancer Support 2014
- Ranked one of the highest in the country for extremely positive feedback received from patients (Friends and Family Test, NHS England)
- Ranked highest in Cheshire and Merseyside for staff recommending the hospitals for the care of their friends and relatives (Staff Friends and Family Test, NHS England)
- Ranked in the top 100 places to work in the NHS (NHS Employers and Health Service Journal 2014)
- Top in the North West and 7th nationally for staff recommending the Trust as a place to work (Staff Friends and Family Test, NHS England 2014 and 2015)
Due to an increase in our service an exciting opportunity has arisen for qualified ODPs or RGN’s with recovery experience to join our busy Recovery teams working in our state of the art theatres. Applicants must be registered with the NMC or HPC and should be enthusiastic, self-motivated with a commitment to provide quality patient care within the post -operative phase of the patients journey. The post holder must be enthusiastic, flexible have good communication skills and be a team player. Suitable applicants will have demonstrable experience, mentorship is provided for staff new in post.
The post holder may be required to work across both Whiston and St Helens sites and must be flexible to work weekends and evenings.
The Trust has a combined bed capacity of approximately 875 beds at Whiston and St Helens hospitals and provides a full range of acute in-patient, out-patient, day case and emergency services to the local communities of St Helens, Knowsley, Halton and Liverpool, extending to Cheshire, Merseyside, North Wales and the Isle of Man with the Regional Plastic Surgery and Burns Unit.
Why choose a Nursing Career with us?
•Outstanding” (St Helens Hospital) and “Good with outstanding features” (Whiston Hospital) by the CQC 2016
•“One of the BEST performing Trusts in the country” (Chief Inspector of Hospitals, 2016 )
•Best Patient Experience in NHS (CHKS Top Hospitals 2015)
•Best Acute Trust in the NHS (PLACE 2014 and 2015)
•Top 100 Best places to work in the NHS (HSJ 2014 and 2015)
The Trust has excellent management, robust systems and innovative processes; all of which have underpinned a period of sustained and improved performance as it moves towards Foundation Trust status.
Closing Date: 21st September 2017
Shortlisting date: 22nd September 2017
Interview date: 06th October 2017
You must have appropriate UK professional registration.
This post is subject to the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act (Exceptions Order) 1975 and it will be necessary for a submission for Disclosure to be made to the Disclosure and Barring Service.
Documents to download
To print a document or save it to your computer, please click with your right mouse button on the document title and select "Save Target As...". You can then save the document in a suitable place on your computer ready to print it out. Clicking with the left mouse button will open the document in a new window (if your web browser can do so).
Further details / informal visits contact
If you have problems applying, contact
- 0151 676 5493